Dr. Marotta is a clinical psychologist, speaker, workshop facilitator, and author of two books, including A Fertile Path: Guiding the Journey with Mindfulness and Compassion. In her work, she shares the lessons of her own healing journey through infertility, and those of the women and men she has worked with, to bring the teaching and practice of mindfulness to the challenge of fertility. After five years of repeated miscarriages, IVF, donor IVF, and failed adoptions, she became the mother of a daughter through surrogacy.
In her own words, “When confronted by the often-overwhelming stress that comes from infertility and its treatment, learning to stay present and maintain equanimity is not just important, it’s essential. Mindfulness can help you navigate the complex network of emotional and physical trials that infertility presents.”
In today’s show, we talk all about the role of mindfulness when coping with fertility challenges.
Today’s episode is also sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs. My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
- What is mindfulness?
- Practical ways to develop and mindfulness practice?
- The role of the breath and the body in developing a mindfulness practice
- Relating to your thoughts and various situations in a different way
- How is it possible to “accept what is” when you don’t want what’s happening?
- Infertility as a medical condition as opposed to a personal failure
- Naming your thought patterns to take away their power over you
- How to manage “trying” comments from well-meaning friends
- The importance of seeking support
Connect with Janetti:
- Janetti Moratta | Mediations
- A Fertile Path (book) | Janetti Moratta
- Hack Your Cycles to Change Your Life! | Live Event in New York | November 3rd, 2018
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
- Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Related podcasts & blog posts:
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!