Diane is Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist in Newport Beach, California, specializing in nutrition counseling for compulsive overeating, binge eating, weight management, diabetes, food allergies, as well as MTHFR gene mutation and methylation defects, and numerous other medical concerns. Diane has her Bachelor of Science in Clinical Nutrition and has her Master of Nutritional Science as well. She has a specialized certification in treating eating disorders, and she is also certified in Food allergies by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Diane is not currently accepting new clients and plans to retire at the end of 2021.
In today’s show, we talk about the MTHFR gene mutation and how it can impact a woman’s health and fertility. We talk about how common this gene mutation is and how significantly it can interfere with a woman’s fertility. We also talk about folic acid, and why you may want to steer clear of it altogether.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What is the MTHFR gene mutation and how common is this gene mutation?
- Why is the MTHFR gene mutation problematic in both men and women?
- What impact does the MTHFR gene mutation have on a woman’s ability to convert folic acid to folate?
- What are the symptoms of the MTHFR mutation and how do you test for it?
- Is folic acid dangerous to individuals with this gene mutation?
- What type of diet is recommended for individuals with the MTHFR gene mutation?
- How does the MTHFR gene mutation impact a woman’s chances of conceiving?
Why is the MTHFR gene mutation linked to repeated miscarriages and birth defects?
What are some of the natural sources of folate?
What should women be looking for in a supplement to ensure they get the correct type of folate?
What is the connection between the MTHFR gene mutation and Iron deficiency?
What is the link between MTHFR and heart disease?
When should you ask your physician to screen you for the MTHFR gene mutation?
Why is the MTHFR gene mutation linked to depression, anxiety and irritable bowel syndrome among other medical conditions?
What to do if you have the MTHFR gene mutation and you are having trouble getting pregnant?
Connect with Diane
- Diane Keddy
- 23 and Me | Genetic Testing
- Dr. Ben Lynch | MTHFR.net
- Seeking Health | Dr. Ben Lynch Nutritional Supplements
- Thorne Supplements
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)