In today’s episode Amy shares her experience navigating fertility challenges related to her PCOS diagnosis within the Mormon community. In a culture with such a strong focus on building large families, Amy shares important insights about how it impacted her fertility journey.
Amy Sedgwick is a Licensed Massage Therapist, certified restorative yoga teacher and is currently enrolled in Lisa’s Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program. She is a 9th generation Mormon and a woman on her own 20 year fertility journey which lends her has a unique perspective on how to navigate infertility in a family centric culture where women are mainly valued by their ability to procreate. She shares this unique perspective as the co-host of The Mormon Fertility Podcast. Amy hopes to use this experience as she steps into the role of teacher and guide in helping women access their own innate body wisdom through cycle charting, nurturing body work, yoga and in creating spaces (both physically and virtually) where women can feel safe to share, connect, heal and ultimately access universal wisdom that is within each of us.
Join us on Wednesday, November 30th (12:30PM ET) for a live masterclass on incorporating the menstrual cycle as a vital sign in your professional practice! Click here to register today and you’ll also gain access to the replay!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program, class of 2023! Early-bird registration is officially open for next year’s class of 2023. Will you be joining us? Click here to register now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Amy’s menstrual cycle history and what brought her into Fertility Awareness
- How Amy’s Mormon community affected her experience with menstruation and childbearing
- How difficult it is to get support for fertility issues
- The challenges to find the right practitioner
- How Amy is going to incorporate FAM into her practice
Connect with Amy:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 429 | Overcoming Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | PCOS/HA Replay Series | Dr. Nicola Rinaldi, PhD
- FFP 426 | 8 Steps To Reverse Your PCOS | PCOS/HA Replay Series | Dr. Fiona McCulloch, ND
- FFP 386 | Fertility Challenges & Recurrent Miscarriage | Gluten Intolerance, Celiac & Fertility | Justine Bold
- FFP 213 | Surviving Fertility Challenges | Lisa | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!