Helen has been in private practice since 1979. Helen’s area of expertise lies in infertility, hypnosis and mind-body stress reduction. She is a seasoned psychotherapist trained in mind and body therapy and clinical hypnotherapy. She is also an approved consultant for the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, and she is also the author of her book On Fertile Ground: Healing Infertility.
In today’s show we talk about mind/body medicine & clinical hypnotherapy. Helen shares how she helps her clients to reduce the physiology of stress. This episode is unique because Helen facilitates a guided meditation for us on air today to illustrate the power of the stress reduction strategies she uses with her clients.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- The significant impact of stress on fertility and the menstrual cycle
- Why it’s normal to feel depressed or experience anxiety when you are struggling with fertility challenges
- The role of talk therapy as part of any stress management strategy
- The 2 different kinds of coping methods, solution oriented coping & letting go coping, and how they are correlated to fertility and pregnancy
- The science behind mind and body therapy
- How does breathing and visualization directly impact and calm the limbic system and reduce stress
- Practical ways to manage daily and chronic stress without adding anything extra to your schedule
- The 6 words to say to yourself to refocus and center yourself if you catch yourself engaging in negative self talk
- What is hypnosis and how does it work?
- Guided visualization lead by Helen
Connect with Helen
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic