After receiving a diagnosis of PCOS as a late teen, and being told that “pregnancy may be difficult” Joanne did struggle to conceive. Her difficult emotional journey ended with two beautiful and healthy children, but when her close friend started having fertility problems, it prompted her to take Action.
Exploring the connection between the mind+body, as well as the direct connection between stress and hormone balance and ultimately fertility, she had the idea of creating a daily relaxation program that tracked to the monthly cycle. Given the fact that our bodies are changing every day throughout the month, a physiological daily guided visualization made complete sense to her. This lead Joanne to create Circle Bloom!
In today’s show, we talk about the mind/body connection to fertility, and how fertility can be improved through stress reduction, guided meditation, and visualization.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What prompted Joanne to focus on the mind + body connection as opposed to something more tangible like diet & supplementation
- How 15 minutes of guided meditation and visualization can reverse your stress
- Why is visualization so powerful for fertility?
- Why is the placebo effect all but completely ignored by our medical system and our culture?
- How to connect those who are skeptical of the effectiveness of visualization and meditation to the scientific research showing its benefits
- What does the science actually say about visualization and meditation?
- How to emotionally overcome the diagnosis of “infertility”
- The importance of connecting with others and receiving support from those with similar experiences and challenges
- Examining your limiting beliefs and replacing them with beliefs and practices that empower you to make the changes you want to see in your life
- How to incorporate these practices into your life even if you don’t have the time
- Calming your thoughts and learning to silence your inner critic
Connect with Joanne
- Circle + Bloom | Joanne Verkuilen
- Molecules of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine (book) | Candace Pert
- The Science of Mindlessness and Mindfulness (podcast) | Ellen Langer
- Love, Medicine & Miracles (book) | Dr. Bernie Siegel
- FFP 096 | Deconstructing Your Infertility Diagnosis | Poor Ovarian Reserve | Practical Ways of Managing Stress | Traditional Chinese Medicine | Mary Wong
- FFP 089 | Treating Infertility Naturally | Natural Fertility Solutions | Getting to the Root Cause | Gabriela Rosa
Circle + Bloom has created a special offer for the Fertility Friday community! Click here to receive 20% off Circle + Bloom products! Make sure to use discount code: FertilityFriday at checkout!
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic