Louise is the author of the book Lunaception. If you had an opportunity to listen to my interview with Katie Singer, you’ll remember that we talked about the power of “night lighting” techniques to improve the health and regularity of menstrual cycles. This concept came from Louise’s work in this area. Louise wrote her book Lunaception in 1974, and since then it has inspired thousands of women to deepen their understanding of their menstrual cycles and how the menstrual cycle relates to the the cycles of the moon.
Today we will be talking about what Lunaception is, and how this concept can help women to better understand and interpret their menstrual cycles.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- The historical connection between the menstrual cycle and the moon
- How can sleeping in total darkness impact our menstrual cycles?
- How does light exposure impact hormone production?
- Does artificial light exposure at night affect our hormones?
- In what ways do menstrual taboos impact women?
- How is menstruation viewed in traditional cultures?
Connect with Louise
You can connect with Louise on her website!
- Lunaception | Louise Lacey
- Lunaception (book) | Louise Lacey
- FFP 033 | Why Having Healthy Menstrual Cycles is Important for All Women | Night Lighting & Cycle Regulation | Electromagnetic Radiation | Katie Singer
- The Garden of Fertility (book) | Katie Singer
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)