Stacy is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner (FDN-P) and an Ayurvedic Health Practitioner (AHP) specializing in preconception, pregnancy, and postpartum care. As an educator and a clinician, she believes strongly in the transformative power of diet and lifestyle and desires to inspire wise stewardship in the realm of holistic health.
In today’s show we talk about Aryuveda, and managing the postpartum period!
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
- What is Ayurveda?
- The importance of nourishing the body during pregnancy and in the postpartum period
- What types of foods support the body during the postpartum period?
- Why Stacy’s approach focuses on the mother’s health more so than baby
- What postpartum traditions are practiced in Ayurvedic tradition
- What types of foods are emphasized in the postpartum period?
- Practical ways to prepare in advance for nourishing postpartum meals
- The importance of asking for (and accepting) support
- Managing visits after the baby is born
- The role of gentle body work to support healing postpartum
- Questioning the narrative about postpartum expectations regarding body size and getting back in “shape”
- Is vigorous exercise a good idea postpartum?
Connect with Stacy:
- Preparing to Parent | Stacy Claxton
- 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program
- Women’s Monthly Kit | DAO Labs
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
- Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 087 | Managing the Postpartum Period | Creating a Support System for New Moms | How to Transition Back to Work After Baby | Arianna Taboada
- FFP 126 | Does Your Diet Impact Your Breastmilk? | Eating for Two: How to Produce the Most Nutritious Breastmilk | Managing the Postpartum Period | What Breastfeeding is Really Like | Lily Nichols
- FFP 119 | The Truth About Using Fertility Awareness Postpartum | Is Fertility Awareness Effective When You’re Breastfeeding? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 043 | The Role of Birth and Postpartum Doulas in the Birthing Process | Placenta Encapsulation | Fertility Awareness | Sarah Moloney
- Fertility Awareness Episodes | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by the Women’s Monthly Kit by DAO Labs. Herbal medicine is an integral part of Chinese medicine. Herbs have been used for centuries for a variety of treatments and needs and remain incredibly popular today. DAO Labs is on a path to making Chinese herbal medicine more approachable, convenient and tasty. Revitalize and harmonize your cycle with two ancient herbal formulas with a modern twist. Click here for more information. Don’t forget to use code: FERTILITY at check out for 20% off your first order.
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!