Dr. Dixon is a graduate of the McGill University’s School of Medicine. Her initial postgraduate training was at the University of Toronto, in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Her passion for reproductive medicine continued during her postgraduate training, where she specialized in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Vermont. Dr. Dixon is an Assistant Professor at the University of Toronto in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center. She also speaks both nationally and internationally at conferences in her field of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Dixon recently at the grand opening of her new clinic, Anova Fertility & Reproductive Health.
In today’s show, we talk about the impact of aging infertility, the reality of IVF, and future of fertility treatments!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What is Dr. Dixon’s vision, and unique approach, for her new clinic?
- Why Dr. Dixon integrates working with a variety of caregivers into the management of her patients and practice
- What event was the catalyst that made Dr. Dixon want to specialize in her specific field?
- The shocking statistics of successfully conceiving as you age
- Why is a woman over the age 40 less likely to conceive even if she’s in peak physical condition?
- How likely is it that IVF will be successful and what is the most important factor?
- Why you need to know the difference between a clinical pregnancy and a “take-home baby”
- Dr. Dixon breaks down just how long an IVF cycle actually is
- What is Dr. Dixon’s perspective on patients who come to her with very specific plans; especially when they aren’t a path she would recommend for them?
- Does the future of fertility treatments include men being able to carry a child in a transplanted uterus?
- Is it possible that stem cells will allow IVF to be successful without having to take any medications?
- What is Augment IVF Treatment and what are the implications of this breakthrough?
- What is the one thing Dr. Dixon wants you to take away from her appearance today?
- The one myth Dr. Dixon would eliminate if possible
Connect with Dr. Marjorie Dixon
- Anova Fertility & Reproductive Health | Dr. Marjorie Dixon’s Clinic
- FFP 088 | IVF Using Donor Eggs | Egg Donation | Infertility | Donor Egg Bank USA | Heidi Hayes
- FFP 096 | Deconstructing Your Infertility Diagnosis | Poor Ovarian Reserve | Practical Ways of Managing Stress | Traditional Chinese Medicine | Mary Wong
- Pathways to Pregnancy: Personal stories and practical advice for your fertility journey
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Canadian Fertility & Andrology Society
- Fertility Friday Group Programs
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
This episode is sponsored by Circle + Bloom! Click here to receive 20% off Circle + Bloom products! Make sure to use discount code: FertilityFriday at checkout!