Hannah has a passion for teaching women to interpret their fertile signs. She is a certified Fertility Awareness Educator who trained with Grace of the Moon, she has a wealth of knowledge in the field of Fertility Awareness and hormone health, and I am happy to have her on the show today!
In today’s episode we talk about using the Fertility Awareness Method to prevent pregnancy and how the Fertility Awareness Method can be used in conjunction with other forms of non-hormonal birth control methods such as condoms, withdrawal, and the diaphram among others. We discuss how the Fertility Awareness Method can be the perfect birth control option for control freaks, and how being able to identify your fertile window can put the control back into your hands!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- How to overcome your fears and get started with the Fertility Awareness Method
- How does the Fertility Awareness Method work as birth control to prevent pregnancy?
- What are some of the challenges that women face when they learning to use Fertility Awareness?
- How do you know if the Fertility Awareness Method is right for you?
- Why women can use Fertility Awareness even if they have irregular cycles, or are not in “long-term” or “committed” relationships
- How does a typical user use the Fertility Awareness Method in combination with other non-hormonal birth control options? (i.e. barrier methods like condoms and withdrawal)
- What does “perfect use” of withdrawal look like and how effective is withdrawal as a method of birth control?
- Why does using barrier methods or other forms of birth control during the fertile time lower the effectiveness of the method?
- How using Fertility Awareness can minimize the need for the “morning after pill” if your have an “accident”
- If you know that you want to get pregnant in the next few years when should you get off the pill?
Connect with Hannah!
- Hannah Ransom | Holistic Hormonal Health
- Grace of the Moon – Fertility Awareness
- Justisse Method – Fertility Awareness
- What to expect when coming off hormonal contraceptives and how to speed up your return to healthy cycles – Hannah’s blog
- Herbal birth control – Hannah’s blog
- Kindara charting app
- Groove charting app
- Basal body thermometer
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)