Hormonal contraceptives and gall bladder disease? Is there a connection? In today’s pill-reality series, Lucie Fink is on the show to share her experience with the pill and how the unexpected side effects lead to a number of painful gall bladder attacks culminating in having her gall bladder removed altogether.
Lucie Fink is a 28-year-old video producer, lifestyle host, stop motion artist, and digital educator. She has made numerous appearances on NBC’s TODAY Show as a Millennial spokesperson, discussing a wide range of topics relevant to her generation. From 2015-2019, Lucie worked at Refinery29 where she created and hosted their hit YouTube shows, Try Living with Lucie and Lucie for Hire. Today, Lucie is signed with United Talent Agency and creates entertaining and educational content for a global audience of millions across her various social platforms.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!
- Lucie’s period history
- Lucie’s experience with birth control
- Lucie’s side effects from birth control
- How Lucie discovered her gall bladder problem
- Why Lucie ended up getting her gall bladder out
- Lucie’s recovery process after the removal of her gall bladder
- What Lucie learned about the connection between birth control and her gall bladder issue
Connect with Lucie:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 341 | Copper IUD Benefits & Side Effects | Pill Reality Series | Lisa & Frances
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 318 | Overcoming Period Pain + Natural Birth Control | Lisa & Lauren
- FFP 310 | The Pill Gave Her A Stroke | Pill Reality Series | Lisa & Amanda
- FFP 257 | Mercier Therapy for Pelvic Pain and Infertility | Dr. Jennifer Mercier, ND, PhD
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 236 | Unexplained Pelvic Pain & Fertility Awareness Charting | Lisa & Leah B
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 219 | Investigating Period Problems | Georgia & Lisa
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: