Andrea struggled with amenorrhea for 4 years after coming off hormonal contraceptives. Andrea had come off the pill to try to conceive. After undergoing multiple failed rounds of IUI and IVF Andrea decided to turn to the world of naturopathic medicine. After a long road Andrea’s period finally returned after she made a number of significant dietary and lifestyle changes.
In today’s show Andrea shares her story, and what it was that finally helped her to turn the corner and bring her period back after so many years.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Andrea’s history with hormonal contraceptive over a 12 year period
- What happened (or rather didn’t happen) when Andrea went off the pill
- Andrea’s experience with IUI and IVF along her fertility journey
- What finally brought Andrea’s period back after 4 years of amenorrhea
- How the pill masked the underlying issue that caused Andrea’s period to be MIA for so long
- The possible PCOS-Thyroid connection to Andrea’s prolonged amenorrhea
- The transition period for Andrea towards a more natural lifestyle that allowed her to nourish and heal her body
- The emotional aspect of Andrea’s healing beyond the dietary and lifestyle changes
- The benefits of a social media detox if your Facebook feed is causing you unnecessary pain and stress
- The dietary and lifestyle changes Andrea made to improve her menstrual cycle health
- The importance of seeking support from a functional practitioner
- Why it’s so very important to come off hormonal contraceptives before you’re ready to start trying for a baby (at least a year or more).
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor | Cora Tampons
This episode is sponsored by Cora! Made from 100% organic cotton, Cora tampons were designed not only to help you manage your periods but also to preserve your health. For every month of tampons you buy, Cora gives a month of pads along with menstrual health education to a girl in need in India. Click here to receive your first month’s supply free of charge.
*Please note that Cora only ships within the United States.
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! Click here for more information!