Dr. Barron Is Family Nurse Practitioner and an Associate Professor, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE). She the Director of Marquette Fertility Education, offering direct patient care services and research in Natural Family Planning. She began working in OB-GYN in 1975 as a staff nurse. Her NP clinical experience has focused on OB-GYN in a variety of settings. She has taught Natural Family Planning for 20 years. Additionally, she served in the US Naval Reserve for 14 years. At SIUE, Dr. Barron predominantly teaches NP graduate courses, and she has published over 20 peer-reviewed journal articles.
In today’s show we talk about the Marquette method of fertility education, and delve into some of the research Dr. Barron has published on the fertility awareness method.
My Fertility Management Masterclass is designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
What is the Marquette method?
How does the Marquette method work in combination with the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor?
What is the difference between perfect use vs typical use?
What is the typical use of condoms and birth control pills compared to the typical use of fertility awareness/natural family planning methods?
How does the Clear Blue Monitor help you detect your fertile window?
How does the monitor respond in times of stress or delayed ovulation?
Can women with PCOS use the Marquette method?
How can women use the Marquette method while they were breastfeeding?
Why do fertility awareness methods require instruction from a teacher to gain the highest effectiveness rates?
Why are typical use rates higher than perfect use rates?
How does age affect your fertility?
How a man’s semen analysis can be used as a vital sign, in the same way, a woman’s menstrual cycle
The connection between marijuana use and reduced sperm quality
The impact of xenoestrogens on male and female fertility
Why would someone choose the Marquette method over other fertility awareness methods?
Connect with Dr. Barron.
- Do I need a fancy thermometer to monitor my cycle?
- Marquette Fertility Education
- If You’re Doing Any of These 3 Things Fertility Awareness Won’t Work For You
- Are You Trying To Conceive? Here’s Why You Need To Get Your Partner’s Sperm Tested ASAP
- Fertility Management Masterclass | Program Details
Assorted Research Published by Dr. Mary Lee Barron
Related Podcast Episodes
- FFP 149 | The Truth About Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs) | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 146 | Anxiety, Depression & Low Libido | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | LeAnna & Samantha
- FFP 137 | Panic Attacks, Emotional Breakdowns, and Recurrent Yeast Infections | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | Briana & Cieara
- PCOS related episodes | Fertility Friday
- FFP 136 | Endometriosis, PCOS & Fibroids | Surgical Techniques That Preserve Fertility | NaPro Technology | Dr. Kyle Beiter
- FFP 134 | Optimizing Sperm Health | Motility, Morphology & Sperm Count | Why He Needs To Get Tested ASAP | Marc Sklar
- FFP 119 | The Truth About Using Fertility Awareness Postpartum | Is Fertility Awareness Effective When You’re Breastfeeding? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 053 | The Effect of Light on the Menstrual Cycle and Fertility | Sleeping in Darkness to Regulate Menstruation | Natural Family Planning | Joy DeFelice
- FFP 109 | The Reality of Aging & Fertility | IVF & Assisted Reproductive Technology | The Future of Fertility Treatments | Dr. Marjorie Dixon
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by Anova Fertility!
In 2016 Dr. Marjorie Dixon created Anova with the goal to be the leader in innovation, education, and communication for high quality and humanized fertility and reproductive care. Anova Fertility has created the first next-generation IVF lab in Canada. Anova is celebrating her 1st birthday this month. If you are in the Toronto area and are interested in learning more about IVF from Anova’s medical team, we welcome you to sign-up for IVF 101 Education Session at our centre. You can visit http://fertilityfriday.com/anova/ for more information. If you live out of the country you can email [email protected] to request a medical consultation over Skype (there is a fee associated with this service).
To learn more about Dr. Marjorie Dixon, tune into our podcast together by clicking this link.
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!