Dr. Gangemi is a chiropractic physician and clinical nutritionist with a passion for natural health care specifically in the fields of nutrition and manual therapies. He has 20 years of clinical experience as a practitioner of complementary sports medicine and holistic therapies for patients dealing with a variety of ailments such as hormonal imbalances, digestive disturbances, immune dysfunction, and musculoskeletal problems. Dr. Gangemi is an avid endurance athlete and dedicated student of many nature-based movement methods and he’s finished 16 Ironman triathlon races including 6 Hawaii Ironman World Championships.
He goes by the moniker “Sock Doc” at his popular website sock-doc.com which focuses on a natural approach to injury treatment and prevention for athletes. His other website, drgangemi.com has dozens of articles on how to live a healthier and more active life as well as natural treatment methods for a variety of ailments. Dr. Gangemi also has been recently teaching his natural health care protocol and techniques, Systems Health Care, to doctors and therapists throughout the US and Europe over the past several years.
In today’s episode we tackle IUDs and find out how both hormonal and non-hormonal IUDs can impact your health. You’ll find out why Dr. Gangemi suggests to avoid them altogether!
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What are the two main types of IUDs and how do they work to prevent pregnancy?
- Are “low dose” hormonal contraceptives better for you?
- What types of issues are associated with IUD use?
- How long does it take for IUD side effects to emerge?
- The ability of an IUD to create an imbalance in the body causing seemingly unrelated symptoms
- How do the hormones in hormonal contraceptives impact your hormonal health?
- The impact of synthetic hormones on your stress response
- The connection between synthetic progesterone and thyroid function
- Does the copper IUD disrupt your hormones?
- What impact does the copper IUD have on your mineral balance?
- How are copper and estrogen related?
- How does excess copper affect your liver and gallbladder.
Connect with Dr. Gangemi:
- Dr. Gangemi | Holistic Alternative Healthcare
- The IUD: Intrauterine Damage | Dr. Gangemi
- FFP 073 | Copper Toxicity, IUDs and the Birth Control Pill | Julie Casper
- Fertility Awareness Podcast Episodes | Fertility Friday
- FFP 159 | Vulvodynia | Pain with Sex (Intercourse) | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | Lisa & Madeline
- FFP 146 | Anxiety, Depression & Low Libido | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | LeAnna & Samantha
- FFP 137 | Panic Attacks, Emotional Breakdowns, and Recurrent Yeast Infections | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | Briana & Cieara
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Programs
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!