In this solo episode, I am tackling the topic of Ovulation Predictor Kits! I talk about OPKs and why I don’t think they are all they’re cracked up to be. I share why relying solely on OPKs can reduce your chances of conception in some cases, and why your body gives you much more reliable signs to go on when you pay attention to it!
Registration is now open for my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program starting in August/September 2017! Make sure to head over to the group program page and apply today to reserve your spot.
- Why relying primarily on Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs) can actually lower your chances of conceiving
- How OPKs can inadvertently lead you to use the rhythm method
- The impact of stress on your menstrual cycle
- Why the key to timing sex correctly is not about having sex on ovulation day
- Why women with PCOS often can’t rely on OPKs to identify ovulation
- How relying on OPKs can result in you ignoring your body signs
- Why monitoring your cervical mucus observations is more effective than relying on OPKs
- Why waiting for a positive OPK to have sex will often cause you to miss out on several fertile days prior to ovulation
- The importance of understanding your fertility signs first and using OPKs second
- The benefits of using OPKs when you understand and pay attention your fertile signs first
- Using Fertility Awareness to optimize your chances of conception
Connect with Lisa.
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor | Cora Tampons
This episode is sponsored by Cora! Made from 100% organic cotton. Cora tampons were designed not only to help you manage your periods. Most importantly it aims to preserve your overall health. For every month of tampons you buy, Cora gives a month of pads along with menstrual health education to a girl in need in India. Click here to receive your first month’s supply free of charge.
*Please note that Cora only ships within the United States.
Fertility Friday | 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program!
This episode is sponsored by my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program! Master Fertility Awareness in a supportive environment surrounded by an amazing group of like-minded women! Click here to reserve your spot in the group!