In today’s episode, I share a powerful story with you. I recently reached out to the members of the Fertility Friday Facebook Community and asked if anyone had experienced negative side effects on hormonal contraceptives. The responses were overwhelming, and today I invited Madeline on the show to share her experience with hormonal contraceptives. Specifically how they contributed to her experience of painful sex and also her decision to undergo surgery to remove a part of her vulva as a way to treat it.
My Fertility Management Masterclass is designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What is vulvodynia and why did Madeline require surgery for it?
- What was it that finally took the pain away for Madeline?
- What is the link between hormonal contraceptives and pain with intercourse?
- Do hormonal contraceptives cause changes to the tissues of your vulva?
- Is there any scientific research to support a link between hormonal contraceptives and painful sex?
- Can hormonal contraceptives cause your clitoris to shrink?
- What does it feel like to have vulvodynia?
- How does vulvodynia impact your sex life?
Connect with Lisa:
- The Hormone Cure by Sara Gottfried
- Is The Pill Destroying Your Sex Life? Top 3 Ways Hormonal Contraceptives Obliterate Your Libido, And Why It Might Be Permanent
- Fertility Management Masterclass | Program Details
- Clitoral vascularization and sexual behavior in young patients treated with drospirenone-ethinyl estradiol or contraceptive vaginal ring: a prospective, randomized, pilot study.
Related Podcast Episodes
- FFP 146 | Anxiety, Depression & Low Libido | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | LeAnna & Samantha
- FFP 137 | Panic Attacks, Emotional Breakdowns, and Recurrent Yeast Infections | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | Briana & Cieara
- FFP 021 | What Hormonal Contraceptives Really do to Women | Sweetening the Pill | Holly Grigg-Spall
- Fertility Awareness Episodes | Fertility Friday
- FFP 109 | The Reality of Aging & Fertility | IVF & Assisted Reproductive Technology | The Future of Fertility Treatments | Dr. Marjorie Dixon
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by Anova Fertility!
In 2016 Dr. Marjorie Dixon created Anova with the goal to be the leader in innovation, education, and communication for high quality and humanized fertility and reproductive care. Anova Fertility has created the first next-generation IVF lab in Canada. Anova is celebrating her 1st birthday this month. If you are in the Toronto area and are interested in learning more about IVF from Anova’s medical team, we welcome you to sign-up for IVF 101 Education Session at our center. You can visit http://fertilityfriday.com/anova/ for more information. If you live out of the country you can email [email protected] to request a medical consultation over Skype (there is a fee associated with this service).
To learn more about Dr. Marjorie Dixon, tune into our podcast together by clicking this link.
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!