Today I’m sharing a special solo episode with you. I’m weighing in on IUI with the use of Clomid and Letrozole and talking about what the research has to say about the success rates of these two popular drugs. If you’ve ever considered IUI, you’ll want to tune into this episode, and check out the research for yourself!
My Fertility Management Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- How effective is IUI?
- What is the difference between the pregnancy rate and the live birth rate?
- How to dissect “success” rates for IUI
- How do IUI success rates vary with age?
- What is the cumulative success rate of IUI and how does it differ from the success rate of an individual round?
- Does having more rounds of IUI increase your chances of conceiving?
- What are the side effects of Clomid?
- How do Clomid impact cervical mucus and your endometrial lining?
- Why up to 25% of women are resistant to Clomid
- What is Letrozole and how does it compare to Clomid for IUI?
- How do the pregnancy and miscarriage rates differ in women who use Clomid versus Letrozole?
- Why it’s important to be critical of research studies
Connect with Lisa:
- FFP 138 | Post-Pill Amenorrhea | Why It Took 4 Years For Her Period To Come Back | Andrea Petrus
- FFP 141 | Surviving Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | Getting Your Period Back Without Fertility Drugs | Nicola Rinaldi
- FFP 109 | The Reality of Aging & Fertility | IVF & Assisted Reproductive Technology | The Future of Fertility Treatments | Dr. Marjorie Dixon
- FFP 127 | What Does a Normal Period Look Like? | How Much Am I Supposed To Bleed During My Period? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 149 | The Truth About Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs) | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- Use of an aromatase inhibitor for induction of ovulation in patients with an inadequate response to clomiphene citrate
- Extended letrozole regimen versus clomiphene citrate for superovulation in patients with unexplained infertility undergoing intrauterine insemination: a randomized controlled trial
- A randomized trial of letrozole versus clomiphene citrate in women undergoing superovulation
- Success Rate of Inseminations Dependent on Maternal Age? An Analysis of 4246 Insemination Cycles
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by Anova Fertility!
In 2016 Dr. Marjorie Dixon created Anova with the goal to be the leader in innovation, education, and communication for high quality and humanized fertility and reproductive care. Anova Fertility has created the first next-generation IVF lab in Canada. Anova is celebrating her 1st birthday this month. If you are in the Toronto area and are interested in learning more about IVF from Anova’s medical team, we welcome you to sign-up for IVF 101 Education Session at our centre. You can visit http://fertilityfriday.com/anova/ for more information. If you live out of the country you can email [email protected] to request a medical consultation over Skype (there is a fee associated with this service).
To learn more about Dr. Marjorie Dixon, tune into our podcast together by clicking this link.
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Programs
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!