In today’s episode, I focus on cervical health. One of the themes that have come up in my client work is the importance of paying attention to cervical health. I have supported countless clients to identify underlying infections and abnormal cervical cells through charting. In this episode, I share what to look for and how to know if you should be concerned about your cervix.
- How to tell if your cervical mucus is “normal”
- What is the difference between peak and non-peak mucus?
- Why the term “watery” can be problematic for describing cervical mucus
- What to do if your cervical mucus is gummy and/or yellow
- The link between folate deficiency and abnormal cervical cells
- HPV, folate deficiency, and hormonal birth control
- The role of diet and nutrition in building the immune system and supporting cervical health
- When to seek support from a doctor to rule out a possible infection or STI
- The importance of charting throughout your whole cycle to monitor for cervical health
- The role of probiotics in maintaining gut health and a favorable vaginal flora
Connect with Lisa:
- Folic acid and vitamin deficiency caused by oral contraceptives
- Cervical cancer and hormonal contraceptives: collaborative reanalysis of individual data for 16,573 women with cervical cancer and 35,509 women without cervical cancer from 24 epidemiological studies
- 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
- Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Related podcasts & blog posts:
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!