Mary Lee Barron, PhD is a wife, mother of 3, nurse practitioner, and Marquette Method NFP teacher in St. Louis, MO. Dr. Barron received her PhD from Saint Louis University, is an FNP, and an Associate Professor, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. She also directs Marquette Fertility Education, offering direct patient care services and research in Natural Family Planning.
She has published over 20 peer-reviewed journal articles, authored numerous book chapters and co-authored Guidelines for Nurse Practitioners in Ambulatory Obstetric Settings, and she has been teaching NFP for over 20 years.
Today’s episode is all about postpartum charting, and how the Marquette Method helps many women navigate this phase.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery LIVE 8 week group coaching program! Click here to register now!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
- What brought Dr. Barron to teaching the Marquette Method
- What is the Marquette Method
- The order you hormones need to be in for regular cycling and an indication of ovulation
- How does the Clearblue monitor differ from typical LH strips
- The benefits of the Clearblue fertility monitor
- The two most fertile days of ovulation and why cervical mucus is so important then
- The amount of cycles you should wait to start trying to conceive after stopping the pill
- Using the Clearblue monitor when breast feeding
- Why Clearblue is not recommended for women with PCOS
- Myths on postpartum charting
- How to use the Clearblue monitor for avoiding pregnancy postpartum
Connect with Dr. Mary Lee Barron:
- Marquette Fertility Method | Website
- FFP 158 | How Effective is Fertility Awareness? | The Marquette Method | Dr. Mary Lee Barron, PhD
- Time to Pregnancy | Gnoth Study
- Finding the Fertile Phase
- Fertility Friday Episodes on PCOS
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize your Fertility | Audiobook | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Get The First chapter of The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE | thefifthvitalsignbook.com
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 268 | Postpartum Planning | What Really Happens After Birth | Adriana Lozada
- FFP 254 | 5 Ways Fertility Awareness Will Help You Get Pregnant | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 251 | Postpartum Charting & Using FAM for Birth Control | Tara & Lisa
- FFP 250 | The Top 5 Myths About Fertility Awareness | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 243 | The Fourth Trimester | Postpartum Care with Maga Mama | Kimberly Ann Johnson
- FFP 087 | Managing the Postpartum Period | Creating a Support System for New Moms | How to Transition Back to Work After Baby | Arianna Taboada
- FFP 056 | The History of Fertility Awareness Based Methods | The Justisse Method of Fertility Management | Learning and Teaching Fertility Awareness | Geraldine Matus
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: