Dr. Mary Samplaski is a fellowship-trained, board certified (American Board of Urology) expert in Male Infertility, and the Director of Male Infertility, Andrology and Microsurgery at the University of Southern California (http://keck.usc.edu/faculty/mary-samplaski/). She completed her residency training in Urology at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. She then completed a 2-year fellowship training program in Male Infertility and Andrology at the University of Toronto.
While Dr. Samplaski continues to maintain academic productivity, what drives her most is caring for individual patients and couples.
In today’s episode, we focus on varicocele, and how this common condition impacts male fertility.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery LIVE 8 week group coaching program! Click here to register now!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by Conceiving With Fertility Awareness My FREE online course designed to help you utilize fertility awareness strategies to optimize your chances of conceiving naturally. From timing sex accurately every time to identifying potential fertility issues through charting, this course has you covered. Head over to fertilityfriday.com/TTC for access
- What inspired Dr. Samplaski to focus on male infertility
- The benefits of micro-surgery for certain urology surgeries
- How common male factor infertility is when dealing with infertility issues
- What is considered a normal semen analysis
- The concept of sperm DNA damage and how that affects a couple trying to conceive
- What are varicocele’s
- How you would identify and fix a varicocele
- The improvements and pregnancy rates after fixing a varicocele
- Other factors that can hurt sperm parameters
- The benefits of both partners in the relationship working to better their health/lifestyles when dealing with infertility
Connect with Lisa:
You can connect with Dr. Samplaski on her website.
- Dr. Mary Samplaski | Website
- Dr. Mary Samplaski | Resources
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine | Patient Resources
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize your Fertility | Audiobook | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Get The First chapter of The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE | thefifthvitalsignbook.com
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 286 | Surviving Infertility | Sheridan Voysey
- FFP 285 | Finding a Medical Doctor Who Will Support You | Dr. Nathan Riley, MD
- FFP 228 | Mindfullness For Infertility | Dr. Janetti Marotta, Ph.D.
- FFP 213 | Surviving Fertility Challenges | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 139 | The Truth About Infertility | Maintaining Hope After 9 Years of Trying to Conceive | Stephanie Risinger
- FFP 032 | Acupuncture for Fertility | Male Factor Infertility | Marc Sklar
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: