When should we consider period pain ‘normal’? When is it problematic? Join me for an interview with Samantha Avnet.
Samantha is a Nationally Board-Certified and California Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist and a Certified Arvigo® Abdominal Therapy Practitioner.
She has been working with plant medicine for over twenty years with her roots in Western herbal traditions and is a Certified Women’s Herbal Educator with her expertise in gynecological and menstrual health concerns based on advanced functional and integrative training from herbalist-midwife-MD Aviva Romm.
Samantha began this journey as a health care provider when she was a teenager in the 90’s after her own struggles with debilitating menstrual cramps and the physical sensations associated with anxiety. The modalities that she offers are ones she has experienced direct relief from and ones that have been providing healing in her patients.
Her private practice is dedicated and passionate about bringing quality, holistic health care to the community, with a focus on supporting mental & emotional health, the menstrual cycle & body literacy, utilizing Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, and The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®. A root cause approach is taken with mindset, lifestyle and nutrition whenever possible to help reverse underlying causes.
Today’s episode is sponsored by FAMM! Registration is officially open for the next round of the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program! Classes begin on October 4th. Follow this link to apply now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What Samantha’s periods were like from an early age and how she overcame her own period pai
- How her herbal medicine journey began and grew
- What led her to becoming and acupuncturist and Arvigo® Abdominal Therapy Practitioner
- How to know if your period pain is “normal” or something more
- The main factors Samantha takes in to account when working with her clients
- The connection between period pain and past trauma
- Samantha’s experience with FAMM
Connect with Samantha:
You can connect with Samantha on her website.
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- [FAMM Practitioner Series] FFP 483 | Endometriosis, Period Pain, & Self-Advocacy | Brittany Cornish
- FFP 424 | Arvigo® Therapy For Period Pain & Fertility | Period Pain Replay Series | Dr. Rosita Arvigo & Donna Zubrod
- FFP 423 | Mercier Therapy for Pelvic Pain and Infertility | Period Pain Replay Series | Dr. Jennifer Mercier, ND, PhD
- FFP 421 | Overcoming Period Pain | Period Pain Replay Series | Lisa | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!