Eric’s fascination with Chinese medicine started over 30 years ago when he ventured to China to teach English. His passion eventually translated into an unusual career in what he calls “academic medicine.” Before earning a Ph.D. in anthropology from the University of North Carolina (2005), Eric spent five years earning a Bachelor’s of Medicine from the renowned Beijing University of Chinese Medicine (from 1995 – 2000) and attended Princeton for his undergraduate studies.
Through his research, Eric has had the opportunity to both train with and interview leading doctors of Chinese medicine across China, and he is currently a professor of anthropology at Appalachian State University.
In today’s episode, we talk about the application of Chinese medicine on Menstrual cycle issues.
- How does Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) differ from Western Medicine?
- How do the TCM concepts of hot and cold, and deficiency and excess relate to the menstrual cycle?
- The benefits of eating a balance of raw and cooked food
- The relationship between leftovers and digestive issues
- The application of Chinese Medicine for common menstrual cycle issues
- What is Chi and how does it relate to the menstrual cycle?
- The impact of hormonal birth control and ovarian health
- When should you seek professional support?
- Herbal medicine for the menstrual cycle
Connect with Eric:
- Ovarian reserve assessment in users of oral contraception seeking fertility advice on their reproductive lifespan | PubMed
- Women’s Monthly Kit | DAO Labs
- 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
- Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Related podcasts & blog posts:
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by the Women’s Monthly Kit by DAO Labs. Herbal medicine is an integral part of Chinese medicine. Herbs have been used for centuries for a variety of treatments and needs and remain incredibly popular today. DAO Labs is on a path to making Chinese herbal medicine more approachable, convenient and tasty. Revitalize and harmonize your cycle with two ancient herbal formulas with a modern twist. Click here for more information. Don’t forget to use code: FERTILITY at check out for 20% off your first order.
This episode is sponsored by my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!