Katie is the author of several books about Fertility Awareness including The Garden of Fertility and Honoring Our Cycles. The Garden of Fertility provides extensive information on how a woman’s menstrual cycle is an indicator of her overall health, and she discusses how various health issues may show up in your charts.
In Katie’s most recent book An Electronic Silent Spring, she focuses on the impact of long-term exposure to Electromagnetic radiation, the same EMR technology that powers all of our wireless devices such as cell phones, computers, iPods, laptops and so much more.
Make sure to go back and listen to episode 33 if you haven’t listened to our first interview together
In today’s episode, we focus on wireless radiation and what women need to know about cell phones and Wifi when they are planning to conceive.
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What is electromagnetic radiation and how does it affect us?
- Why are children more vulnerable to electromagnetic radiation?
- How long does it take for effects of electromagnetic radiation to show up in our lives?
- How can we reduce our exposure to electromagnetic radiation
- Why Katie suggests that children have no screen time exposure until they are able to read and write
- How electromagnetic exposure is related to behavioural problems in children
- The concept of an electronic fast
- Why Katie suggests that it’s actually better for children to have passive screen time (i.e. watching TV) than it is for them to actively engage with technology (i.e. video games, iPods, cell phones, etc.)
- What are some practical ways to reduce your exposure to electromagnetic radiation during pregnancy
- Why Katie suggests that we turn off the Wifi in our homes for 12 hours per day
- Why it’s so important to be asking questions about our exposure to radiation
Connect with Katie Singer:
- The Garden of Fertility (book) | Katie Singer
- Honouring Our Cycles (book) | Katie Singer
- An Electronic Silent Spring (book) | Katie Singer
- FFP 033 | The Garden of Fertility | Night Lighting & Cycle Regulation | Electromagnetic Radiation | Katie Singer
- Reset Your Child’s Brain | Victoria Dunckley
- Glow Kids: How Screen Addiction Is Hijacking Our Kids-and How to Break the Trance (book) | Nicholas Kardaras
- Calming behaviour in children with Autism and ADHD | Katie Singer
- Cris Rowan | Zone in
- Baby safe project
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
Fertility Friday | Fertility Awareness Programs
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!