You may be familiar with Katie’s extensive work in the Fertility Awareness world. She is the author of several books about Fertility Awareness including The Garden of Fertility, Honoring Our Cycles, and Honoring Our Cycles in Africa. The Garden of Fertility is much more than a “how to” book on Fertility Awareness, it also provides extensive information on how a woman’s menstrual cycle is an indicator of her overall health, and she discusses how various health issues may show up in your charts.
In Katie’s most recent book An Electronic Silent Spring she focuses on the impact of long-term exposure to Electromagnetic radiation, the same EMR technology that powers all of our wireless devices such as cell phones, computers, ipads, laptops and so much more. In today’s episode we talk about why it’s important for women to learn to chart their cycles for health, regardless of whether or not they are trying to conceive, we talk about the night-lighting technique that helps women to regulate their cycles by alternating complete darkness with light while sleeping, and we also talk about the impact that electromagnetic radiation can have on our fertility.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- The health implications of tracking your menstrual cycles – using your menstrual cycles as a diagnostic tool
- Why it is important for all women to have healthy menstrual cycles regardless of whether or not they are planning to have children
- The impact that using the Fertility Awareness Method can have on your relationship with your partner
- Different ways that using the Fertility Awareness Method can improve communication around topics of sexuality and reproductive health in relationships
- Benefits of having periods of abstinence in your menstrual cycle, and how your sexual relationship can be enhanced through the dialogue and sexual creativity that can result from it
- The dramatic impact that sleeping in complete darkness can have on a woman’s menstrual cycle
- How a woman can strengthen and regulate her menstrual cycle with the night-lighting technique
- The impact of electromagnetic radiation on both male and female fertility
- The impact that electromagnetic radiation can have on vulnerable populations such as children and pregnant women
- What are some ways that we can reduce our exposure each day?
Connect with Katie
- Garden of Fertility | Katie Singer
- An Electronic Silent Spring | Katie Singer
- Katie Singer | The Wholeness of a Broken Heart
- Honoring Our Cycles (book) | Katie Singer
- The Garden of Fertility (book) | Katie Singer
- An Electronic Silent Spring (book) | Katie Singer
- Canadians For Safe Technology
- Electromagnetic Radiation, Health and Children | Dr. Erica Mallery-Blythe
- Calming Behavior in Children with Autism and ADHD | Katie Singer