Kelsey is a Registered Dietitian who quickly learned in her program that she wasn’t being taught what dieticians should really be teaching their patients. She decided to study functional medicine, open her own practice, and pursue her dream of working with clients who really care about themselves, who want to invest in their health and receive support along their health journey.
In today’s show Kelsey and I talk about Adrenal health, HPA axis disregulation, and how this can impact fertility. I’ve had a number of questions from listeners about adrenal fatigue and HPA axis disregulation because of the impact it can have on a woman’s fertility hormones!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What is adrenal fatigue? Does it mean that your adrenals are “tired”?
- Why the label of “adrenal fatigue” is actually a misnomer, and the term “HPA axis dysregulation” is actually more accurate
- What is the body’s hormonal response to stress?
- The connection between gut dysbiosis and stress
- The link between PCOS, testosterone, and cortisol
- What are the symptoms of HPA axis dysregulation?
- What is the link between blood pressure & HPA axis dysregulation?
- How to address HPA axis dysregulation/adrenal fatigue in a practical way
- What are some of the ways that you can reduce your stress in your daily life?
- What to do if you’re not into Meditation, Visualization and Yoga
- The scientific explanation for why bringing fun into your life improves HPA axis dysregulation and reduces your overall stress
- The role of cortisol in the body and why cortisol isn’t actually “bad” for you when your levels are optimal
- Is it possible to exercise too much?
- What is overexercise and how does it impact your stress levels?
Connect with Kelsey
- Healthy Gut Healthy Life | Kelsey Kinney (Marksteiner)
- The Ancestral RDs | Kelsey Kinney & Laura Schoenfeld
- The Ancestral RDs Podcast | Kelsey Kinney & Laura Schoenfeld
- FFP 012 | Recovering from Post-Birth Control Syndrome | How to get your period back | Laura Schoenfeld
- FFP 084 | Adrenal Fatigue, Fertility & Hormone Balance | The Kalish Method | Dr. Daniel Kalish
- Headspace Meditation App
- Stress Doctor App
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic