Kitty spent most of her adult life dieting. She jumped from one quick fix diet to the next. Shakes, fasting, keto and low carb. You name it she’s done it. She was obsessed with food and felt like she was either restricting or binge eating. She felt happiest when she was thin but she had to starve herself and train 6-7 days a week to maintain it. She had irregular and painful periods, suffered miscarriages, rarely slept through the night; she was bloated, constipated and exhausted. That all changed in 2015 when she met her partner Craig and stumbled across the work of Ray Peat and Emma Sgourakis. What she learned transformed her body and health. It’s now Kitty’s mission to free women from restrictive diets, help them restore their metabolisms, balance their hormones and build bodies they love.
Today Kitty joins me for an important discussion of optimizing exercise for the female body, menstrual cycle, and hormone cycle! Is it possible to exercise less, eat more, and lose weight at the same time? Tune in to find out!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!
- Kitty’s diet history, her company and how she supports women
- How Kitty was introduced to a healthy lifestyle
- Why women end up in the cycle of getting to that “ideal weight”?
- Why we need to eat more to help their body to survive
- Myths about weight loss
- Healthy and safe weight loss takes times
- Importance of consistency for a healthy life
- How intermittent fasting can affect your training goals
- How to determine the balance between protein, carbs and fats
Connect with Kitty:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 352 | Decoding the Male Health Influencer Space | Intermittent Fasting, Fad Diets, & Your Menstrual Cycle | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 335 | Syncing Your Exercise Routine With Your Menstrual Cycle | Jenni Hulburt
- FFP 281 | Intermittent Fasting, Keto Diets, and Why Women Should Approach it Differently | Shawn Mynar
- FFP 221 | 10 Ways I Reduced My Sugar and Carbohydrate Consumption | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 148 | The Impact Of Sugar On The Menstrual Cycle | Body Literacy | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Lisa & Anna
- FFP 072 | The Connection Between Eating Disorders, PCOS, & Fertility | Angela Grassi
- FFP 066 | Gut Health and Fertility | Preconception Nutrition | GAPS Diet | Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
- FFP 051 | The Impact of Sugar Consumption on Fertility and Health | Creating a Healthy Relationship with Food | Angelique Panagos
- FFP 028 | Carbohydrate Restriction for Weight Loss | Insulin Sensitivity and PCOS | Franziska Spritzler
- FFP 025 | How Much Should Women Exercise During Pregnancy? | The Good, The Bad and the Uncomfortable | Lily Nichols
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: