Dr. Lara Briden is a naturopathic doctor with 20 years experience in women’s health, and she is the author of Period Repair Manual: Natural Treatment for Better Hormones and Better Periods. This is Dr. Briden’s third appearance on the podcast. If you haven’t had an opportunity to listen to the other episodes we recorded together you’ll want to listen to Episode 7 where we spoke about the impact of the pill on your hormones, and Episode 86 where we covered hypothalamic amenorrhea.
In today’s show, we will be talking about dysmenorrhea (period pain), heavy bleeding, endometriosis, and addressing the question of what you can do when you experience period pain.
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
- How common is period pain among women?
- What does a “normal” period feel like? Is pain normal?
- If you have painful periods does it automatically mean that you have endometriosis?
- How is endometriosis diagnosed?
- How do conventional approaches to period pain fall short?
- How to know if your period pain is over and above what is considered normal
- What is the difference between “run of the mill” period pain and endometriosis?
- What are some of the other symptoms associated with endometriosis?
- What steps can you take to reduce period pain?
- The role of dairy consumption in period pain
- The difference between A1 and A2 dairy products
- Nutrients that reduce inflammation and improve painful periods
- The connection between omega 6 oils, inflammation, and period pain
- What is histamine and how does it affect your period?
- The connection between histamine and food allergies and sensitivities
- When to consider surgery for endometriosis
Connect with Lara:
- Period Repair Manual: Natural Treatment for Better Hormones and Better Periods
- Larabriden.com | Period Repair Manual
- Larabriden.com | When Period Pain is not Normal
- The Efficacy of Zinc Administration in the Treatment of Primary Dysmenorrhea
- Fertility Awareness 101
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 007 | What the pill really does to your hormones | PCOS & Menstrual Irregularities | Dr. Lara Briden
- FFP 086 | Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | Period Repair Manual | Healthy Hormones | Dr. Lara Briden
- FFP 173 | Reclaiming Menstruation | The Wisdom and Power of Your Menstrual Cycle | Lara Owen
- FFP 136 | Endometriosis, PCOS & Fibroids | Surgical Techniques That Preserve Fertility | NaPro Technology | Dr. Kyle Beiter
- FFP 017 | Natural Treatment for Unexplained Infertility | Treating Endometriosis and Fibroids | Dr. Shawna Darou, ND
- FFP 145 | Overcoming Endometriosis Naturally | Endoempowered | Melissa Turner
- Fertility Awareness Podcast Episodes | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!