Today’s podcast guest is Nicole Jardim! Nicole is a Certified Women’s Health Coach with a specialty in hormonal and reproductive health. She trained at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and apprenticed at a women’s holistic health center in New York City. Nicole trained with both with Dr. Sara Gottfried the author of The Hormone Cure and Jessica Drummond, the founder of the Integrative Pelvic Health Institute.
During her training, she learned that women can heal themselves from conditions like PMS, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Endometriosis, and many other conditions caused by hormonal imbalances, through the use of medicinal foods and lifestyle adjustments. Nicole created her signature “Fix your period” series in 2011 which is a series of programs that empower women to heal their menstrual conditions in a fun and sassy way. Nicole is dedicated to helping women reclaim their hormonal health and feminine vitality naturally!
In today’s show, we talk about many of the common period related concerns women experience including amenorrhea, i.e. when your period disappears, irregular periods, and painful menstruation. We talk about the signature “Fix Your Period” program that Nicole has developed to help women address these issues naturally, and some of the ways that we can all work towards balancing our hormones and restoring our period health by addressing the root cause instead of masking the symptoms!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What is amenorrhea? And what are some of the factors that can contribute to the disappearance of your period?
- What you can do to bring your period back
- What are some of the factors that cause painful menstruation?
- What are some ways to address painful periods naturally?
- Why it is important for women to consider cleaning up their problematic periods well before trying to conceive
- What is Maya Abdominal Massage? And how can it help with painful periods?
- How can sugar consumption disrupt the balance of hormones in our bodies and contribute to problematic periods?
- Why does Nicole call Vitamin D the “period vitamin”? And why is Vitamin D so important for period health?
- How can taking antibiotics impact your period health?
- Why it is important for women to know that the pill doesn`t actually address period-related issues, but instead just suppresses your symptoms
- What to do if you ask your doctor about your period-related issues and you’re told “there’s nothing you can do” and given a prescription for the pill
Connect with Nicole!
- Fix Your Period | Nicole Jardim
- Put Down the Z-Pack! | The Effect of Antibiotics on your Period | Nicole Jardim
- Vitamin D | The Period Vitamin | Nicole Jardim
- Get off the Birth Control Pill the Right Way | Nicole Jardim
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)