This is the fifth episode in my new Fertility Awareness Reality Series! I share the work that I do with clients “on air” with you in these special episodes where I am hosting live mini-sessions with women who I have worked with.
In today’s episode, I interview Sarah. Sarah was a member of my previous Fertility Friday Group Program and wanted to be part of this series hoping that her story of using hormonal contraceptives and eventually conceiving using holistic approaches may give hope and/or inspiration to others. I’m very honored to be joined on this call by my mentor, and previous guest, Rose Yewchuck. Rose is a Justisse Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner (HRHP) and Justisse HRHP Educator. You can connect with Rose on her website.
Make sure to head over to my Group Programs page to find out more about my upcoming January 2017 group programs and how you can apply to be a part of it! You’ll want to apply early as there are a limited number of participants I can accept into each group.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Sarah’s history with hormonal contraceptives
- Sarah’s experience getting pregnant with her now two-year-old
- The often-overlooked negative connection between intense exercise and getting pregnant
- What is Hypothalamic Amenorrhea and can it factor into your cycle?
- Sarah’s challenges with charting
- How the Kindara Wink Thermometer help Sarah get more accurate temperature recordings
- The reality of being inaccurate with your charting
- Why can knowing your body, and your cycle, sometimes cause issues with charting?
- Is the fertile shift in a cycle subtle or obvious?
- How our cycles are directly connected to the events in our life
- Breastfeeding and the impact it has on the cycle
- Is withdrawal a legitimate pregnancy prevention method and how should it be marked when charting?
- Can lubricants, and even coconut oil, have a negative impact on conceiving?
- Sarah talks about how she thought something was wrong after noticing a discharge in the toilet after going to the bathroom before learning it was cervical mucus
- The connection between synthetic hormonal contraceptives and vaginal dryness
- FFP 002 | Fertility Awareness Method Cycle Charting | Rose Yewchuk
- FFP 003 | Identifying Menstrual Irregularities with Fertility Awareness | Special Charting Considerations | Rose Yewchuk
- FFP 015 | Fertility Awareness Method Cycle Charting Q&A Session | Common Charting Questions | Rose Yewchuk
- Rose Yewchuk | Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner
- FFP 104 | Birth Control Pills From Your Doctor’s Perspective | Why Your Physician isn’t Looking at the Root Cause | Alternative Medicine for Women | Dr. Miranda Naylor
- FFP 103 | Real Food for PCOS | PCOS, Insulin Resistance & Diabetes | Managing PCOS Naturally with Diet | Balancing Blood Sugar | Lily Nichols
- FFP 004 | Using Fertility Awareness with Condoms and Withdrawal | Hannah Ransom
- Wink by Kindara – Fertility Thermometer
Other Episodes in the FAM Reality Series
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 105 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Fertility Awareness Method | PCOS | Balancing Blood Sugar | Nutrition for Fertility | Teri & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 107 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Fertility Awareness Method | Low Hormone Cycle | Impact of a Long-Term Vegetarian Diet on the Menstrual Cycle | Carolina & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 110 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Using Fertility Awareness for Birth Control | Aisha & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 112 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Low Progesterone, Miscarriage, Stress & The Menstrual Cycle | Overcoming Fertility Challenges | Amelia & Lisa
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
This episode is sponsored by Circle + Bloom! Click here to receive 20% off Circle + Bloom products! Make sure to use discount code: FertilityFriday at checkout!