Sheridan Voysey is a writer, speaker and broadcaster. His other books include Resurrection Year: Turning Broken Dreams into New Beginnings, Resilient, and the award-winning Unseen Footprints. He is married to Merryn and lives and travels from Oxford, United Kingdom.
In today’s episode we cover the difficult topic of dealing with infertility when things aren’t working out the way you had planned for. Sheridan shares his personal experience of making it through from the male perspective.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Today’s episode is sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. The Fifth Vital Sign is available for purchase on Amazon. Exciting news!! The audiobook is finally here! Listen to The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE when you sign up for a 30 day free trial with Audible. Click here to download now.
- A look into Sheridan and his wife Merryn’s ten year infertility and adoption journey
- How their journey led Sheridan to write his book, Resurrection Year
- How Sheridan dealt with the grief and loss of their unsuccessful dream of having a child
- Sheridan’s advice for couples struggling with infertility
- The importance of putting your marriage/relationship first during this challenging time
- Ways to deal with one partner wanting to stop trying and the other wanting to continue
- How dealing with fertility issues can affect men in various aspects of their lives
- The importance of also remembering to check in with men to see how they are feeling and dealing with the fertility struggles
- Ways men who deal with lower sperm count can connect with others to know that they are not alone
- How those who have gone through the infertility journey can use their trial to help guide, inspire or comfort others going through it
- The importance of remembering there is so much more to you than your parental status
Connect with Sheridan Voysey:
- Sheridan Voysey | Website
- The Making of Us
- FFP 074 | Resurrection Year | Maintaining Hope Through Infertility | Sheridan Voysey
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize your Fertility | Audiobook | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Get The First chapter of The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE | thefifthvitalsignbook.com
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 228 | Mindfullness For Infertility | Dr. Janetti Marotta, Ph.D.
- FFP 213 | Surviving Fertility Challenges | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 139 | The Truth About Infertility | Maintaining Hope After 9 Years of Trying to Conceive | Stephanie Risinger
- FFP 097 | Managing the Stress of Infertility | The Physiology of Stress | Meditation & Guided Visualization | Hypnotherapy | Mind + Body Stress Reduction | Helen Adrienne
- FFP 089 | Treating Infertility Naturally | Natural Fertility Solutions | Getting to the Root Cause | Gabriela Rosa
- FFP 080 | Can Your Relationship Survive Fertility Challenges? | Save The Marriage | Dr. Lee Baucom
- FFP 010 | Coping with Infertility | Using the Law of Attraction to manifest a baby | Alexandra Sipos-Kocsis
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my new book The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. Click here to buy now.