Sarah is a Justisse Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner (HRHP). She is also a Birth Doula and a Birth Doula Instructor. However Sarah wasn’t always working in the Holistic Health background given that she actually spent 11 years working for the Canadian Military as a Medic before she changed her career path.
In today’s show we talk about Sarah’s work as a Birth Doula, and exactly what a Doula does to to help women during pregnancy, labour and postpartum. We will also be talking about Sarah’s experience as a Fertility Awareness Educator, what the training process was like for her, and how she these two specializations have allowed her to serve women in her practice.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What is a Doula?
- What services do Doulas provide women during birth and postpartum?
- How is Midwifery care and Medical care different than the services that Doulas provide to birthing mothers?
- Why are women seeking natural birth options more and more?
- Where does the fear of the birth process come from?
- How can working with a Doula help women overcome their fear of birth?
- What is placenta encapsulation and why do women do it?
- What are some of the benefits of encapsulating your placenta after birth?
- What is the process of becoming a Fertility Awareness Educator like?
- How can working with a Fertility Awareness Educator help women improve the health of their menstrual cycles?
Connect with Sarah
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)