Adriana’s background is multi-layered and multi-cultural. A former print and online editor from Venezuela, the birth of her daughter sparked her passion for being a birth advocate. With over 12 years of experience, Adriana is a certified advanced birth doula, postpartum educator, healthy sleep consultant, and bestselling author. Adriana is also the host of the Birthful Podcast, where she talks to amazing, knowledgeable, and passionate birth professionals every week, to help new and expectant parents inform their intuition. This is part of her quest to help expectant parents everywhere get birth and postpartum ready.
In today’s episode we have a candid conversation about the postpartum period from what it really looks like to how to prepare for it!
Today’s episode is sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. The Fifth Vital Sign is available for purchase on Amazon. Exciting news!! The audiobook is finally here! Listen to The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE when you sign up for a 30 day free trial with Audible. Click here to download now.
- What inspired Adriana to jump into the birthing world
- What is the official role of a Doula
- The difference between a doula and a midwife
- The benefits of birth doulas and postpartum doulas
- The importance of postpartum education
- The idea of motherhood postpartum vs. the reality of those first few weeks
- The toll the first few weeks of postpartum life can take on a new mother
- The importance of a new mother to rest, recover and discover
- Benefits of establishing a postpartum plan
- Embracing the change and having grace during that change
- Communicating with your partner and sharing the mental load
- How the “super woman” idea causes unnecessary stressors and pressure on mothers
- Don’t forget to breathe!
Connect with Adriana Lozada:
- Adriana Lozada | Website
- The Birthful Podcast
- Postpartum Preparation Classes
- Postpartum Fertility: What you need to know, with Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Friday Awareness Mastery
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize your Fertility | Audiobook | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Get The First chapter of The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE | thefifthvitalsignbook.com
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 243 | The Fourth Trimester | Postpartum Care with Maga Mama | Kimberly Ann Johnson
- FFP 133 | Preparing for Pregnancy and Childbirth Naturally | Mama Natural (Genevieve Howland)
- FFP 126 | Does Your Diet Impact Your Breastmilk? | Eating for Two: How to Produce the Most Nutritious Breastmilk | Managing the Postpartum Period | What Breastfeeding is Really Like | Lily Nichols
- FFP 119 | The Truth About Using Fertility Awareness Postpartum | Is Fertility Awareness Effective When You’re Breastfeeding? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 087 | Managing the Postpartum Period | Creating a Support System for New Moms | How to Transition Back to Work After Baby | Arianna Taboada
- FFP 043 | The Role of Birth and Postpartum Doulas in the Birthing Process | Placenta Encapsulation | Fertility Awareness | Sarah Moloney
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my new book The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. Click here to buy now.