Angela is an internationally recognized nutrition and health expert on PCOS. She was recently named one of the Top 10 incredible RDs making a difference by Today’s Dietitian. She is the author of The Dietitian’s Guide to Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, The PCOS Workbook and The PCOS Nutrition Center Cookbook. Angela is the owner of the PCOS Nutrition Center where she provides nutritional counseling to women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
And in today’s show, we talk about the connection between eating disorders and PCOS, and how to recover and regain fertility after struggling with an eating disorder.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What are the different types of eating disorders?
- What is the connection between PCOS and eating disorders?
- Why having PCOS actually increases the risk of having an eating disorder
- The complexity of managing the suggested dietary restrictions and/or changes associated with PCOS while recovering from an eating disorder
- How does disordered eating impact a woman’s menstrual cycle and her fertility?
- How can a woman overcome the emotional aspects underlying her eating disorder?
- Can she do it alone, or should she seek support?
- How long does the recovery process take?
- How do women address the negative body image they have developed alongside the eating disorder?
- Dealing with the physical body changes that happen during pregnancy
- How does the media influence our ideas about what an “ideal body” looks like?
- How to support a friend or a loved one who has an eating disorder
Connect with Angela
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)