In today’s episode I share two powerful stories with you. I recently reached out to the members of the Fertility Friday Facebook Community and asked if anyone had experienced negative side effects on hormonal contraceptives. The responses were overwhelming, and I decided to invite two of the women who reached out to me to share their stories on the show. Both Briana and Cieara share their reflections about their time on hormonal birth control, and the impact that it had on their moods.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Briana shares her experience taking hormonal contraceptives
- Why Briana had to stop taking the pill 3 days after she started taking it for the first time
- How hormonal birth control impacted Briana’s moods the second time she was put on them
- Why Briana didn’t attribute many of the side effects of the pill to the pill until she finally stopped taking it
- The scientific evidence that validates the effect the pill has on mood and painful sex
- Why doctors often recommend a different pill instead of suggesting you stop altogether when you have a bad reaction to it
- The political implications associated with telling the truth about the pill and the way it affects women
- Cieara shares her experience taking hormonal contraceptives
- The connection between the pill and chronic yeast infections
- The roller coaster Cieara went on going from yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis
- Why it was the headaches that Cieara experienced that finally made her come off the pill
- Why Cieara didn’t make the connection between the yeast infections and the pill until after she stopped taking it
Connect with Lisa
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor | Cora Tampons
This episode is sponsored by Cora! Made from 100% organic cotton, Cora tampons were designed not only to help you manage your periods but also to preserve your health. For every month of tampons you buy, Cora gives a month of pads along with menstrual health education to a girl in need in India. Click here to receive your first month’s supply free of charge.
*Please note that Cora only ships within the United States.
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! Click here for more information!