I’ve had many requests to share some behind the scenes info about the process of bringing my new book The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility to life! Today I pull back the curtain and share what the writing process was like, and some of my key takeaways now that the book is finished and out in the world!
I share what it was like going through thousands of research papers to provide the depth of information you’ll find in this mammoth book, my reflections after seeing what the data shows — and after reviewing the researchers’ interpretations of that data.
Today’s episode is sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. The Fifth Vital Sign is available for purchase on Amazon — click here to buy now.
- What the process was like researching for this book, and how that affected the writing process
- The importance of thinking critically about scientific research
- The relationship between hormonal birth control and fertility
- How hormonal birth control affects menstrual cycle parameters
- How hormonal birth control impacts the time it will take you to become pregnant when you stop taking it
- Why many researchers conclude that this well established (temporary) delay in the return of fertility is no big deal
- Why I had to give myself some grace and let go of my expectations of the timeline (writing, editing, etc.)
- Managing the range of emotions that sparked up as I wrote this book
- Why it’s up to us to demand better medical care
Connect with Lisa:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Get The First chapter of The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE | thefifthvitalsignbook.com
Related podcasts & blog posts:
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my new book The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. Click here to buy now.