Why do so many women still have thyroid symptoms even when their lab results are “normal”? Find out in today’s episode with Dr. Eric Balcavage and Dr. Kelly Halderman.
Dr Eric Balcavage is the owner and founder of Rejuvagen, a functional and regenerative medicine clinic in Glen Mills, PA. he is a Certified Nutrition Specialist (C.N.S.), a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, and a licensed Chiropractor in Pennsylvania. He is also board Certified in Integrative Medicine. He is the co-host of Thyroid Answers Podcast, and you can find his educational Thyroid Thursday videos on Vimeo and Youtube.
Dr. Balcavage has made it his mission to change the way medicine looks at hypothyroidism. He is the co-author of the book, Thyroid Debacle, alongside Kelly Halderman MD, which addresses the problems with current allopathic and functional medicine approaches to hypothyroidism as well as the solutions to restoring thyroid physiology.
Dr. Kelly Halderman has a background in functional medicine, earning her medical doctorate (MD) in 2007 & completing family practice medicine internship with the University of Minnesota in 2009. She is an international educator in the area of integrative and precision health. Dr. Halderman also has a traditional Naturopathic Medical Degree from KCNH. She holds certification in MethylGenetic Nutrition by The Nutrigenetic Research Institute and certification from The American Functional Neurology Institute in Functional Neurology and Neurofeedback. She is an active member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, President and founder of The American Association of Nutraceutical Formulators, as well as a member of Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and Society of Physician Entrepreneurs.
Dr. Halderman has a doctorate in clinical nutrition, is also board certified in Clinical Nutrition by the CNCB, has certification in Plant Based Nutrition from Cornell University and health coaching certification from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. She also has comprehensive experience in nutraceutical science & formulation, creating & educating on novel formulations for consumers, practitioners & professional associations such as the NFL Hall of Fame. Former physician turned executive level biotech expert, she currently serves as Weo’s Chief Health Officer, a health-conscious company that harnesses the power of BDD electrolysis to augment the most precious molecule on the planet, water.
Today’s episode is also sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Why women struggle to get answers and proper support
- What is the thyroid
- How important is optimal thyroid health for female fertility
- What is t3 and t4 and what are their functions
- What are the challenges with the thyroid
- Why is it so hard to get a proper diagnosis
- What is the allopathic way of dealing with the thyroid
- How do women start getting answers and support
- Why is a women’s progesterone low and how do we make more
- What is the link between the thyroid and everything going on in your body
Connect with Dr. Balcavage:
Connect with Dr. Halderman:
- Thyroid Debacle
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 397 | Supporting Thyroid Health | Lacey Dunn
- FFP 378 | Iodine, Ovarian Cysts, Fibrocystic Breasts, & Thyroid Disorders | Summer Replay Series | Dr. Jorge Flechas
- FFP 377 | Thyroid Health, Fertility, and Iodine | Summer Replay Series | Dr. David Brownstein | Dr. Denis Wilson
- FFP 288 | Thyroid Disorders | Identifying The Root Cause | Dr. Eric Balcavage & Dr. Erica Riggleman
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!