What are the most common side effects of the pill? Find out in today’s podcast episode with pharmacist Ross Pelton.
Ross, also known as the Natural Pharmacist, is a Certified Clinical Nutritionist. He received his Ph.D. in Psychology and holistic health. He has written 10 books including “The Pill Problem: How to protect your health from the side effects of oral contraceptives” and “The Nutritional Cost of Prescription Drugs”, and in 1999, he was named one of the Top 50 Most Influential Pharmacists in the U.S. by American Druggist magazine for my educational work in natural medicine.
In today’s show we talk about his book “The Pill Problem,” and the different side effects that are associated with hormonal contraceptives.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Why the pill causes more nutrient deficiencies compared to all other drugs
- How the changes your physiology and pheromone production
- The relationship between the pill and deficiencies in B vitamins (such as folate, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12) in particular
- Why every woman taking the pill (or other hormonal contraceptives) should take a good multivitamin to counter some degree of nutrient depletion
- The connection between the pill, nutrient deficiencies, and depression
- The relationship between the pill and sleep problems
- What is the most common reason women stop taking the pill?
- What about women who report that they experienced no side effects while on the pill?
- Why the pill increases your chances of developing a yeast infection
- The cumulative effect of nutrient depletion over time
- How does the pill contribute to the increased risk of blood clots and stroke?
- Are doctors aware of the most common side effects associated with hormonal contraceptives?
- Does the pill reduce your risk of developing cancer?
Connect with Ross:
- The Nutritional Cost of Prescription Drugs book by Ross Pelton
- The Pill Problem book by Ross Pelton
- The Pill Problem
- Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion Handbook by Ross Pelton
- Natural Pharmacist
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 182 | Depression, Weight Gain & Mood Disorders | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | Lisa & Lorena
- FFP 180 | Managing Painful Periods | Dysmenorrhea | Endometriosis | Dr. Lara Briden, ND
- FFP 146 | Anxiety, Depression & Low Libido | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | LeAnna & Samantha
- FFP 054 | The MTHFR Gene Mutation and Fertility | Recurrent Miscarriage, Nutrient Deficiencies, and Folic Acid | Diane Keddy
- Fertility Awareness Episodes | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!