Dr. Enos, ND, is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor in the state of Colorado. She is the owner and founder of Healing Roots Natural Medicine, a clinic in Denver that focuses on autoimmune conditions, thyroid, skin, and gut health. She believes that the practice of medicine is an art, and she brings to it the sensitivity and creativity of an artist as well as the investigative skills and curiosity of a historian.
Dr. Enos strives to understand (and help her patients to understand) and correct health issues by identifying their root cause. She does this through a unique blend of the best of traditional naturopathic medicine, biotherapeutic drainage, and functional medicine.
In today’s episode, Dr. Enos and I dive in and talk all about thyroid health, iodine, and fertility.
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- How common are thyroid disorders?
- What is a full thyroid panel and why is it necessary?
- Why are thyroid issues on the rise?
- What role do chemicals and environmental halogens like chlorine and bromide impact our thyroid health
- What other environmental factors regularly disrupt normal thyroid function?
- What is the role of iodine in thyroid health?
- What tests are necessary for a full thyroid panel and what do they tell us about how your thyroid is functioning?
- Why is your doctor typically not ordering these tests?
- What nutrients are required for normal thyroid function?
- What is the significance of the reverse T3 test?
- How do hormonal contraceptives affect thyroid function?
- What is the role of replacement thyroid hormones such as Synthroid, Levothyroxine, and desiccated thyroid?
- When are drugs necessary to manage the thyroid?
- What does your body need to convert thyroid hormones so your body can utilize them?
- How can you test your iodine levels?
Connect with Dr. Enos:
- FFP 124 | Thyroid Health & Fertility, Why the TSH Test Isn’t Enough | Iodine & Thyroid Function | Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome | Dr. David Brownstein, MD | Dr. Denis Wilson, MD
- FFP 116 | Stop The Thyroid Madness | Going Beyond Synthroid & Getting to the Root Cause of Thyroid Disorders | Why the TSH Test Isn’t Enough | What to do when your Doctor Won’t Cooperate | Janie Bowthorpe, M. Ed.
- FFP 041 | Thyroid Health and Fertility | Dr. Maureen Rozenn
- FFP 045 | Autoimmune Disease and Fertility | Thyroid Health | MTHFR Gene Mutation | Dr. Fiona McCulloch
- FFP 046 | Healing Your Thyroid Naturally with Nutrient Rich Foods | Thyroid Health and Fertility | Andrea Beaman
- 6 Things You Should Know If You Think You Might Have a Thyroid Issue
- FFP 122 | Liver Function, Fertility, & Menstrual Health | Xenoestrogens | Liver Detoxification | Fatty Liver Disease | Lisa Leger, HRHPE
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!