Franziska is a registered dietician who is a firm believer in the power of carbohydrate restriction for diabetes, pre-diabetes, obesity, weight management, and hormonal disorders such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Franziska helps her clients to improve their health through nutrition by helping them to control their blood glucose levels and achieve a healthy weight with a whole foods diet.
In today’s show we’ll be talking about the benefits of carbohydrate restriction for weight loss, how to manage food cravings with a whole food diet, and the relationship between PCOS and insulin sensitivity. Franziska talks about her experience transitioning from a vegetarian diet to a whole foods diet, and why she she feels better now than she ever did! In her work with clients Franziska focuses on the benefits of eating a diet that is much lower in carbohydrates than the typical way most of us eat. In today’s episode Franziska talks about why this approach can be beneficial for weight loss, stabilizing blood sugar levels, and optimizing fertility.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Franziska talks about why she transitioned from a vegetarian diet to a whole foods diet that includes animal protein and what that has to do with regulating blood sugar
- What are the benefits of eating a low carbohydrate diet?
- The pros and cons of vegetarian and vegan diets
- What are Franziska’s dietary recommendations for weight loss?
- How belly fat is related to insulin resistance and PCOS?
- Why there is more to weight loss than eating less and exercising
- How to lose weight using a low carbohydrate approach without starving yourself
- What is PCOS and how can you improve your fertility and ovarian function with a low carbohydrate diet?
- What is insulin resistance and how is it related to PCOS?
- The relationship between insulin resistance, fertility and diabetes
Connect with Franziska!
- Low Carb Dietician | Franziska Spritzler
- The Low Carb Dietician’s Guide to Health and Beauty | Franziska Spritzler
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)