Ilene has been a Fertility Awareness Educator since 2001. She first discovered fertility awareness in 1994 and has been teaching through the Fertility Awareness Centre ever since. She is the Executive Director of the Association of Fertility Awareness Professionals, (AFAP); the only international membership organization for fertility awareness professionals.
In today’s show, we talk about Fertility Awareness and the role it plays in advancing reproductive freedoms & justice for women, professionalism in the field, and much more.
Special Note: This interview was recorded before the 2016 Presidential election and Ilene wanted to note the conversation we had about reproductive justice would be different if we were to have it today.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What drew Ilene into the field of fertility awareness?
- Ilene’s tragic transition into becoming a fertility awareness educator
- The story behind the Association of Fertility Awareness Professionals
- Why is it so important to have this professional association for fertility educators?
- Does understanding how to chart your own cycle mean you can teach others?
- What surprised Ilene when she first started working with clients?
- The pros and cons of having such easy access to information
- The divide between fertility awareness educators and those who go the DIY route
- What is Reproductive Justice?
- Where is the AFAP starting in their fight for Reproductive Justice?
- How can you become certified as a fertility awareness educator through AFAP?
- What are Ilene’s top three myths about fertility?
Connect with Ilene
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! Click here for more information!