In today’s episode Jennifer talks about her experience recently coming off the pill, learning to use the fertility awareness method, as well as getting a PCOS diagnosis along the way. Jennifer has embarked on a journey to improve her fertility naturally and she provides an honest and refreshing perspective on what this process has been like for her- transitioning from hormonal contraceptives while dealing with fertility challenges. Jennifer talks about her experience coming off the pill, and how she discovered that the pill was actually the cause of some of the symptoms that she had been experiencing. This is a great episode for women who are considering coming off the pill and transitioning to the fertility awareness method. I’m sure that Jennifer’s experience will really resonate with many women who have recently stopped taking hormonal contraceptives. Enjoy!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What Jennifer’s experience was like coming off the pill
- How long it took for Jennifer’s period to come back
- The process of learning to chart, and the challenge of learning to chart your cycles with fertility awareness with irregular cycles
- The impact that a PCOS diagnosis has on fertility awareness charting and fertility in general
- What are some of the ways that Jennifer is working towards improving her fertility naturally
- How Jennifer discovered the Fertility Awareness Method
- How learning the Fertility Awareness Method has helped Jennifer to feel empowered even though her cycles haven’t been “perfect”
- The challenges women face when charting long cycles with many days of observable cervical mucus
- How effective are ovulation predictor kits, and are they necessary if you are using the Fertility Awareness Method?
- What are the benefits of learning the Fertility Awareness Method from a certified Fertility Awareness educator?
Connect with Jennifer!
You can connect with Jennifer on her blog!
- Living PositiveCOS | Jennifer Neff
- Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler
- Sweetening the Pill by Holly Grigg-Spall
- Justisse Healthworks for Women
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)