Lori is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant who has been working with breastfeeding mothers and babies for over 25 years. Lori became a Birth doula and a Postpartum doula and soon became a lactation consultant. Over that time she has worked with over 10,000 mothers and babies in private consultation to help them work through their breastfeeding challenges.
Lori founded All About Breastfeeding, her private practice where she provides education, support, and advocacy for breastfeeding mothers! Lori is also a Podcaster, and her Podcast “All About Breastfeeding” is an amazing resource for breastfeeding mothers that I wish I had had before I embarked on my own breastfeeding journey!
I was recently featured on Lori’s Podcast, “All About Breastfeeding” (the place where the girls hang out), where I shared my experience with breastfeeding.
In today’s show, we are going to talk all about breastfeeding, and why it may not be as “easy” and “natural” as you thought.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What inspired Lori to become a lactation consultant?
- The biggest misconceptions about breastfeeding
- How you can prepare for breastfeeding
- Is breastfeeding supposed to hurt?
- Why you should assume you will need help breastfeeding
- Common breastfeeding challenges
- Should your baby be on a feeding schedule?
- What you should expect in the first few weeks of breastfeeding
- Should you worry about not producing enough milk?
- What is the “sweet spot” of breastfeeding?
- Why breastfeeding increases the bond between you and your baby
- The one thing Lori wants you to take away from this episode
- The biggest barrier for successful breastfeeding
Connect with Lori
- My Appearance on Lori’s “All About Breastfeeding” Podcast
- La Leche League International
- Jack Newman’s Website
- Lori’s Freebies & Checklists
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic