For more than 15 years Marc has been helping couples struggling to conceive and have healthy babies. In addition to his Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Dr. Sklar trained at the Harvard Medical School, Mind/Body Medical Institute. He is the creator of MarcSklar.com and ReproductiveWellness.com, the co-author of Secret to Conception and a Fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine and Medical Advisor for Natural Health International.
In today’s show, we talk about sperm health. I’ve had so many questions about this topic that it is ridiculous, and I’m happy to have Marc here to talk more about this.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Why focusing on sperm health is a hit to the male ego
- How to approach your male partner about having his sperm tested
- Why you should have your male partner’s sperm tested ASAP when you’re trying to conceive
- Why fertility issues are just as much a man’s issue as a woman’s — it’s just as likely to be his
- Why are we more likely to assume it’s a woman’s issue?
- How a man’s semen analysis is an indicator of his overall health
- How testing your male partner’s semen right off the bat can save you 6 months or more later on
- How what we consider to be a “normal” sperm count has changed over the past 50-100 years
- What are the 3 main parameters that determine sperm health?
- Why has the “normal” sperm count declined by 75% over the past 50 or 60 years?
- What is considered to be a “normal” sperm count
- What is considered to be normal motility and morphology?
- Why the majority of the sperm men produce is abnormal
- What can be done to improve sperm quality?
- Why excessive exercise can be a problem
- Why it’s important that his testicles stay cool
- How long does it take to see the change in his lab results?
- The truth about IUI
- What actually constitutes “trying” from both Marc and My perspective
- Specific supplements to support sperm quality
Connect with Marc
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! Click here for more information!