Warren is a Licensed acupuncturist, herbalist, and is the clinic director at Acupuncture Atlanta. Warren has practiced Chinese medicine for over 20 years in the fields of infertility and chronic disease conditions. He maintains an active clinical practice in Atlanta, Georgia.
He is the author of, Your Mitochondria: Key to Health and Longevity, which is based on the latest research on herbal isolates and nutraceuticals, presents approaches for correcting these three factors to reverse age-related diseases.
In today’s episode we talk about mitochondria, and the role they play in fertility (and egg quality).
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence in charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
- What are mitochondria, and what is their role in our cells?
- How do mitochondria produce energy for our cells?
- How many mitochondria are in different cells of our body, specifically our heart cells, brain cells, and our egg cells
- How is the structure of the human egg cell unique from every other cell in the body?
- How many mitochondria are in the human egg cell, and what are the role of mitochondria in female fertility?
- The Traditional Chinese Medicine concept of essence, and why we derive this essence directly from our mothers
- What can we do to improve our mitochondria (and in turn improve our egg quality and fertility)?
- How does the process of oogenesis (egg development) work, and how does that affect our ability to improve egg quality?
- What do a woman’s FSH levels have to do with the quality of her eggs?
- The incredible difference in the way energy is produced by our mitochondria depending on whether we consume carbohydrates or fat
- How do different types of exercise impact your mitochondria and your fertility?
- Nutritional supplements to support your mitochondria
Connect with Warren:
- Acupuncture Atlanta | Warren Cargal, L. Ac.
- Terry Whalls, MD
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
- Fertility Friday Programs
- Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Related podcasts & blog posts:
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!