Andrea is a Natural Foods Chef, an author, and a television host dedicated to alternative healing and green, sustainable living. Andrea was a featured contestant on Bravo’s hit reality TV show, Top Chef. She is a regularly featured food and health expert on CBS News and has appeared on Barbara Walters, The View, Emeril Live and Whole Living on Martha Stewart Radio. She is also the host of the Award Nominated Fed UP! A cooking show that educates guests and viewers on how to cook for, and cure, bodily ailments.
Andrea is also the author of The Whole Truth – How I Naturally Reclaimed My Health and You Can Too!, The Whole Truth – Eating and Recipe Guide, Health is Wealth – Make a Delicious Investment in You! And her newest book, Happy Healthy Thyroid – The Essential Steps to Healing Naturally is coming out this fall.
In today’s show, we talk about thyroid health, how thyroid health relates to fertility, and the ways thyroid conditions can be healed naturally through nutrition and dietary changes.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Why is proper thyroid function so important for health and fertility?
- What role does the thyroid play in the body?
- How is thyroid health connected with the health of the endocrine system and the adrenals?
- What role does stress play in the thyroid, the endocrine system and the adrenals?
- What are some of the ways we can reduce stress by activating our parasympathetic nervous system?
- What role does diet play in thyroid health?
- How does thyroid disease negatively impact a woman’s fertility?
- Is it possible to heal thyroid disease naturally through dietary changes and deep nutrition?
- What role do traditional foods such as organ meats and bone broths play in healing the thyroid?
- How does gluten impact the thyroid?
Connect with Andrea
- Andrea Beaman | andreabeaman.com
- The Whole Truth – How I Naturally Reclaimed My Health and You Can Too! | Andrea Beaman
- The Whole Truth – Eating and Recipe Guide, Health is Wealth – Make a Delicious Investment in You! | Andrea Beaman
- Health is Wealth – Make a Delicious Investment in You!| Andrea Beaman
- The Red Tent | Anita Diamant
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)