Does the pill cause painful sex? It certainly can. Today is a follow-up to last week’s episode about the sexual side effects of hormonal birth control. I am sharing a replay of a past episode with Madeline. She shares her experience with pill-induced vulvodynia, and what finally worked to alleviate her symptoms.
Today’s episode is sponsored by FAMM! Registration is officially open for the next round of the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program! Classes begin on October 4th. Follow this link to apply now!
Have you grabbed your copy of the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook? It is the first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign. Grab your copy here.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What is vulvodynia and why did Madeline require surgery for it?
- What was it that finally took the pain away for Madeline?
- What is the link between hormonal contraceptives and pain with intercourse?
- Do hormonal contraceptives cause changes in the tissues of your vulva?
- Is there any scientific research to support a link between hormonal contraceptives and painful sex?
- Can hormonal contraceptives cause your clitoris to shrink?
- What does it feel like to have vulvodynia?
- How does vulvodynia impact your sex life?
Connect with Lisa:
- The Hormone Cure by Sara Gottfried
- Is The Pill Destroying Your Sex Life? Top 3 Ways Hormonal Contraceptives Obliterate Your Libido, And Why It Might Be Permanent
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
- Clitoral vascularization and sexual behaviour in young patients treated with drospirenone-ethinyl estradiol or contraceptive vaginal ring: a prospective, randomized, pilot study.
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 472 | Sexual Side Effects of Birth Control | Clitoral Shrinkage?!? | FAMM Research Series | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 460 | Are Sexual Preferences Altered By The Pill? | FAMM Research Series | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 146 | Anxiety, Depression & Low Libido | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | LeAnna & Samantha
- FFP 137 | Panic Attacks, Emotional Breakdowns, and Recurrent Yeast Infections | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | Briana & Cieara
- FFP 021 | What Hormonal Contraceptives Really do to Women | Sweetening the Pill | Holly Grigg-Spall
- Fertility Awareness Episodes | Fertility Friday
- FFP 109 | The Reality of Aging & Fertility | IVF & Assisted Reproductive Technology | The Future of Fertility Treatments | Dr. Marjorie Dixon
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!