Dr. Duane, a board-certified family physician, is co-founder and Executive Director of FACTS – the Fertility Appreciation Collaborative to Teach the Science, an organization dedicated to educating healthcare professionals and students about the scientifically valid natural or fertility awareness-based methods of family planning. She also serves as an Adjunct Associate Professor at Georgetown University, where she directs an introductory course on natural methods of family planning.
In today’s episode, we talk about the effectiveness of Fertility Awareness-Based Methods and dispel some of the most common myths about using this method as your primary method of birth control.
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
- Why medical professionals are typically not educated about fertility awareness based methods
- What are the biggest obstacles that prevent doctors from learning about and promoting fertility awareness based methods?
- Do fertility awareness based methods have a religious background?
- The Catholic connection to fertility awareness-based methods
- What is the difference between Natural Family Planning (NFP) and Fertility Awareness (FAM)?
- How are some of the religious-based teaching organizations different from secular organizations that teach fertility awareness?
- Are fertility awareness-based methods too “difficult” for women to learn?
- Utilizing your menstrual cycle as a vital sign
- The difference between pill bleeds and a real menstrual period
- Why giving teenage girls hormonal contraceptives at a young age is problematic
- The side effects associated with hormonal contraceptives
- Recognizing the menstrual cycle as a normal and healthy part of being a woman
- The challenge in educating established medical professionals
- The importance of sharing the science about fertility awareness based methods
Connect with Dr. Duane:
- FACTS about Fertility | Dr. Marguerite Duane
- 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program
- Women’s Monthly Kit | DAO Labs
- Justisse College
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
- Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 123 | Fertility Awareness Training for Physicians & Health Professionals | What Your Doctor Needs to Know About Fertility Awareness | Dr. Marguerite Duane
- FFP 104 | Birth Control Pills From Your Doctor’s Perspective | Why Your Physician isn’t Looking at the Root Cause | Alternative Medicine for Women | Dr. Miranda Naylor
- FFP 067 | Healthy Menstruation | Fertility Awareness | Fertility Massage Therapy | Rachel Eyre
- Fertility Awareness Episodes | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by the Women’s Monthly Kit by DAO Labs. Herbal medicine is an integral part of Chinese medicine. Herbs have been used for centuries for a variety of treatments and needs and remain incredibly popular today. DAO Labs is on a path to making Chinese herbal medicine more approachable, convenient and tasty. Revitalize and harmonize your cycle with two ancient herbal formulas with a modern twist. Click here for more information. Don’t forget to use code: FERTILITY at check out for 20% off your first order.
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!