In today’s episode, I share with you two interviews I recorded live at the Restorative Medicine Conference in Toronto.
Dr. David Brownstein is a Board-Certified family physician and is one of the foremost practitioners of holistic medicine. He is the Medical Director of the Center for Holistic Medicine in West Bloomfield, MI. Dr. Brownstein has lectured internationally to physicians, and others, about his success in using natural hormones and nutritional therapies in his practice.
Dr. Denis Wilson developed the concept of Wilson ‘s Temperature Syndrome in 1988 after observing people with symptoms of low thyroid and low body temperature, yet who had normal blood tests. He found that by normalizing their temperatures with T3 (without T4) their symptoms often remained improved even after the treatment was discontinued.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- How a book on nutrition led Dr. Brownstein down this career path
- What should we know about iodine as it relates to the thyroid and why is it essential?
- What happens when there’s an iodine deficiency?
- Why is it important to know your iodine levels before you get pregnant?
- Iodine’s connection to cystic breasts
- How the thyroid is related to metabolism
- Low body temperature: what does it mean and what does it have to do with the thyroid?
- Dr. Wilson’s experiments with cycling patients and resetting their thermostat and thyroid
- What to do if you have a low body temperature
- The direct correlation between metabolism and body temperature and how it relates to fertility
- How does hyperthyroidism relate to fertility?
- How to tell if, and when, what you’re doing is working
- What to eat, and when to eat it, to maintain healthy insulin levels
Connect with Dr. David Brownstein, MD
You can connect with Dr. Brownstein on his website.
Connect with Dr. Denis Wilson, MD
You can connect with Dr. Wilson on his website.
- FFP 116 | Stop The Thyroid Madness | Going Beyond Synthroid & Getting to the Root Cause of Thyroid Disorders | Why the TSH Test Isn’t Enough | What to do when your Doctor Won’t Cooperate | Janie Bowthorpe, M. Ed.
- Dr. Brownstein’s Book – Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can’t Live Without It
- Dr. Brownstein’s Book – Overcoming Thyroid Disorders
- Hypothyroidism: The Unsuspected Illness by Dr. Broda Barnes
- The Association for the Advancement of Restorative Medicine
- The Exercise Paradox
- List of Medical Providers Trained in Dr. Wilson’s Approach
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! Click here for more information!