In today’s episode Holly shares her journey with HA (hypothalamic amenorrhea), and how using the menstrual cycle as a vital sign has changed her acupuncture practice.
Holly Leever, L.Ac., MTOM & Dipl.OM, is the owner of Rosebud Wellness, where she practices women’s holistic health as a licensed Acupuncturist, Herbalist, Yoni Steam Therapist, Arvigo Abdominal Massage Therapist & Fertility Awareness Mentor. Holly became interested in working with women’s health after learning how much could be revealed about a woman’s overall health by looking at the parameters of the menstrual cycle.
She has continued to study a variety of techniques in order to offer women at all stages of life, from menarche to menopause, the care they deserve. She is especially passionate about working with women in the perinatal time (prenatal, birth & postpartum).
In addition to acupuncture, Holly’s training included moxibustion, cupping, auriculotherapy, electro-acupuncture, gua sha and Chinese herbal medicine. She is also qualified to make dietary and lifestyle recommendations based on Chinese medical theory.
Holly also hosts a weekly podcast called, Womb Wisdom. The podcast is a combination of information on women’s holistic health practices and stories from women on their experience with periods, fertility, pregnancy, birth, postpartum and motherhood.
Holly’s practice is located in Thousand Oaks, CA and she offers telehealth visits for fertility awareness mentoring & Yoni steaming consults.
Join us on Wednesday, November 30th (12:30PM ET) for a live masterclass on incorporating the menstrual cycle as a vital sign in your professional practice! Click here to register today and you’ll also gain access to the replay!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program, class of 2023! Early-bird registration is officially open for next year’s class of 2023. Will you be joining us? Click here to register now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- How Holly came about starting her practice
- What led Holly to the Fertility Awareness Method
- When Holly’s journey with hypothalamic amenorrhea began
- How her diet and exercise affected her cycle
- How the challenges of body image have impacted her
- How the FAMM program has impacted Holly and how she assists her clients
Connect with Holly:
- Womb Wisdom Podcast
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 429 | Overcoming Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | PCOS/HA Replay Series | Dr. Nicola Rinaldi, PhD
- FFP 428 | Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | PCOS/HA Replay Series | Dr. Lara Briden, ND.
- [FAMM Practitioner Series] FFP 396 | Overcoming Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | Having a Baby During Covid Times | Dani Sheriff
- FFP 371 | Hypothalamic Amenorrhea & The Menstrual Cycle | Cynthia Donovan
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!