What if men experienced the exact same side effects as women did from a hormonal birth control method? We find out today in today’s FAMM Research Series episode! Join me as we go through the infamous male contraceptive study and discuss the findings!
Today’s episode is sponsored by FAMM! Registration is officially open for the next round of the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program! Classes begin on October 4th. Follow this link to apply now!
Have you grabbed your copy of the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook? It is the first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign. Grab your copy here.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Intentions of the study
- Contraceptive options on the market for men
- What took place during the study
- What did the study measure
- Was the trial a success
- What was the failure and success rate of the study
- Common adverse reactions
- Effective rate on women’s contraceptives
- Side effects for women on contraceptives
- What were the difference and similarities between men & women on the contraceptive
- What makes the study interesting
- Why was they study cut in the middle of the study
Connect with Lisa:
- Efficacy and Safety of an Injectable Combination Hormonal Contraceptive for Men
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 405 | Getting Your Partner On Board With Charting | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 404 | Should Men Be Responsible For Birth Control? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 262 | Should Men Be Equally Responsible For Birth Control? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 023 | Can Fertility Awareness Bring you and your Partner Closer Together? | Kindara Charting App | Will Sacks
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!