Holly is the author of Sweetening the Pill or How we got hooked on hormonal birth control. If you haven’t had a chance to read this book and you’ve ever had any questions about the pill you need to get your hands on a copy ASAP! And if you haven’t yet listened to my first interview with Holly you’ll want to make sure to listen in! In our previous episode together Holly and I delve into the book and really hash out some of the most common side effects of the pill, and dispel some of the most common myths about the pill!
In today’s episode, Holly and I talk about her most recent project as an ambassador for Daysy and Lady-Comp. We talk about the implications of using tech for cycle tracking and why most Fertility Awareness Educators, myself included, tend to discourage the use of fertility devices with prediction technology.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
What are Daysy and Lady-Comp and how are they used for Fertility Awareness tracking?
- How effective are these devices?
- How do these devices “know” when you are fertile and infertile?
- Do these devices encourage women to continue relying on external technology instead of learning about their bodies?
- Why do Fertility Awareness Educators discourage the use of predictive technology for Fertility Awareness?
- How can these devices bridge the gap between hormonal birth control and the fertility awareness method?
- Can Daysy and Lady-Comp give women an option when they want to transition off the pill?
- Do these devices just take us back to the rhythm method and encourage women to count the days of their cycle?
- The future of birth control technology from IUDs to remote control birth control
- How do Fertility Apps use our data without our knowledge?
- The importance of meeting women where they are with their knowledge and comfort with their own bodies
- The role that devices like Daysy and Lady-Comp can play in helping women transition from hormonal birth control and gain knowledge about their bodies
Connect with Holly
- Sweetening the Pill Website | Holly Grigg-Spall
- Sweetening the Pill Facebook Page | Holly Grigg-Spall
- Sweetening the Pill: or How We Got Hooked on Hormonal Birth Control (book) | Holly Grigg-Spall
- Sweetening The Pill Book Review | Fertility Friday
- FFP 021 | What Hormonal Contraceptives Really do to Women | Sweetening the Pill | Holly Grigg-Spall
- Top 10 unexpected effects of coming off the pill | Lisa Fertility Friday
- Daysy Fertility Monitor
- Lady-Comp Fertility Computer
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)